Information We Collect and Use
- We collect information about you from a diverse sources, such as: website visits, applications, identification documents, personal financial statements, interactions with relationship managers, and other third parties (credit bureaus, payment gateways…) and other written or electronic communications reflecting information such as your name, address, passport details, identification numbers, telephone number, occupation, assets, income and any other information we deem necessary.
- We may also use your transactional account history including your account balance, payment records, and debit/credit card usage. We may also use information received from third parties such as family, solicitors, friends or employers, website/ social media pages made public by you, government agencies , regulators, supervisory or credit agencies.
- We may also collect other information such as video footages of you whenever you step into any of our branches, geographic information of any of our branch ATMs when you use our ATMs.
Non- Personal Information Collected By Us
- Some cookies are essential to access certain areas of this site;
- We use analytics cookies to help us understand how you use our site to discover what content is most useful to you
Use of Your Personal Information
Any personal information provided by you to Haggai Bank will be used with your consent, for compliance with legal obligations or for the purposes of meeting legitimate interests of Haggai Bank.
Your personal information is used in:
- Updating and enhancing Haggai Bank’s records
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for our products and services
- Pricing and designing our products and services
- Administering our products and services
- Managing our relationship with you
- Managing our risks and helping to identify and investigate illegal activity (i.e.), such as fraud
- Contacting you, for example in instances where we suspect fraud on your account or when the need arises to tell you about recent occurrences in the banking sector or some event(s) of significance.
- Conducting and improving our businesses and improving your experience with us
- Reviewing credit or loan eligibility.
- Prevention of money laundering or terrorism financing activities.
- Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors
- Identifying and informing you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways permitted by law.
Information We Share
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent permitted by law, with the following:
- Haggai Bank’s Branches and Subsidiaries
- Regulators/Supervisors, Government Agencies/courts - It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Haggai Bank to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.;
- External Auditors;
- Haggai Bank’s staff;
- Credit Agencies;
- Correspondent banks;
- Haggai Bank’s strategic partners/service providers – for the purpose of improving and providing our products and services to you. Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may also disclose information about you if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party. Information about our customers and their usage of our website is not shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We do not disclose any information about any user’s usage of our web site except in specific cases, and we do not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly give us permission to do so.
How We Protect Your Information
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification or disclosure of information under our control.
Your personal information with us remains secure because:
- We use strict security measures and technologies to prevent fraud and intrusion.
- Our Security controls and processes are regularly updated to meet and exceed industry standards.
- Our employees are trained to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us
Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password grants you access to specific areas on our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We request that you do not to share your password or other authentication details (e.g. token generated codes) with anyone.
Where We Store Your Information
How Long We Store Your Information
We retain your data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) that it was collected. Storage of your data is also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational requirements.
You have certain rights available to you, these include
- The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Withdraw consent for processing in cases where consent has previously been given.
- Restrict or object to processing of your personal data. We might continue to process your data if there are valid legal or operational reasons
You also have the right to:
- Request that your personal data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request that such data be sent to a third party.
- Request that your information be erased. We might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons
Maintaining Accurate Information
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You have access to your account information, including your contact information, account balances, transactions and similar information through various means, such as account statements, SMS Banking, Social Media Banking and Internet Banking.
If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify us, via our branch network or Contact Centre, and provide the required documentary evidence, to enable us implement the necessary updates or changes.
Haggai Bank refers to Guaranty Trust Bank plc and its branches
Third-Party Sites and Services
Haggai Bank’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details is governed by their privacy practices and Haggai Bank will not be liable for any breach of confidentiality or privacy of your information on such sites . We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Privacy of Children
Haggai Bank’s Policy contains the following disclosure statement for children: "Haggai Bank respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect names, email addresses or any other personally identifiable information from children. We do not knowingly market to children nor do we allow children under 18 to open online accounts."
Haggai Bank may sometimes contact you with products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you don’t want to receive such promotional materials from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com